Saturday, November 6, 2010

it's official....

So I haven't updated this in a while, so where do I start....

I arrived in the Bay Area at the beginning of October.  Since then, my ski arrived and is nestled snugly next to Kizmuit's boom ('Kiz' for short); final payment has been made on Kiz; the title of ownership has been transferred; she's been insured; and she's officially been granted a slip under my name in the Berkeley marina following a sea-trial and measurement by the marina office.  Still awaiting live-aboard status.  I'm currently living in north Oakland until things go through. 

The so-called sea-trial simply involved motering her over to the marina office under her own power; as the whole boating thing is fairly new to me, I hired some professionals to help.  We had some minor problems, but she's still afloat (long story) and I have to admit I couldn't stop smiling after having her underway for the first time.




No comments:

Post a Comment